- Asher loves real food! He'd rather have meat & potatoes than cookies & ice cream! He loves: hamburgers with cheese and mayo only, sausage (which he pronounces shaushage), pizza with lots of ranch, ribs & pig meat aka pulled pork, chicken, steak, shrimp, hot dogs with chili & cheese, corn dogs, pizza rolls... well, there's not much he doesn't like!! When we go out to eat you had better count on sharing with Asher because he wants a little of everything!
- He sleeps with his big brother in a full size bed and has to have his "baby" which is a soft blue blanket he was given by Nina's mom, Oma, at my baby shower. He also usually has Hunter, his build-a-bear, and some other stuffed animal of the moment. Right now it's his red Angry Bird, Rio.
- He loves PJ's but this summer they have both been sleeping in just undies. So cute!
- He will fall asleep ANYWHERE! When that boy is tired, he is out! He has fallen asleep right on the concrete where he and his friends are playing!
- Asher is a little lover boy! He loves to kiss me and daddy on our skin when were not excepting it. He'll come up behind me and kiss the back of my leg or kiss us on the arm. When we are riding in the car if one of us is sitting by him he will ride the whole way hugged up on our arm.
- Most of Asher's life he has been a daddy's boy! He wanted daddy to do everything for him! Even down to handing him something. If I tried to hand something to him, help him, etc. he'd say "I want my daddy to do it!" And he would always call Aaron "My Daddy." He's dropped the my which makes us a little sad. He's growing up too fast! Over the years he as grown to appreciate mommy a little more. I get love when daddy's around too now! That little stinker! ;)
- Asher's most used phrases recently have been: "I love you so much I can't even believe it!!!" or "I can't even believe how much I love you!" He also says "I love you all the way to heaven!" Until recently if you even dared to ask him how much he loves you just be ready for him to start climbing to the top of the tallest thing in the room! That includes your shoulders, head... :) He makes me smile!
- Asher has always pronounced things that start with pop as hop: hopsicle, hop-tart, hopcorn... until recently, now he gets it right ever now and then. It's so cute! He does still say kaprise instead of surprise and plause for pause. He still pronounces use as ooze. He's so funny!
- Asher can sing almost every word of Big Green Tractor! He also sings Jesus loves Me, He's Got the Whole World in His Hands and several other children's Bible songs pretty well. Although, I can't say he knows any of them word for word. He has had trouble with the ABC's up until just recently! He'd get to E-F-G and say F-I-G everytime! Then he'd growl in frustration because he knew it was wrong! And there was no helping him! He did not want our help! He's always been very independent!
- Asher can "read" several books almost word for word: The Monster at the End of this Book, Biscuit, Who wears glasses...
- A popular response for Asher: "Heck, yeah!" or "Heck, no!" but never in a disrespectful way or situation. He has very good manners! In fact, if you say "yeah" he might tell you "don't say yeah, say yes!" or yes, ma'am! Another direct quote from our little man... "Not that very much." This might be in response to, Did you like it?
- Asher loves to ride his bike which he started riding with no training wheels at 2 1/2 years old (Feb. 2010) and his dirt bike which he started riding at 3 1/2 (Dec. 2010)! He is so brave and will try anything! You can also find him cruising around in his Artic Cat Power Wheel playing anything to do with hunting, fishing, camping, etc. He is all BoY!
|Here he fell asleep at Steel & Case's while playing! HA!!|
- Because he is so adventurous Asher is a little accident prone. My poor baby has been through quite a bit for such a little boy! Stitches, concussion, almost knocked his front tooth out...
|Just before stitches from falling off of a 3ft. retaining wall on his bike! He was 2!!|
Asher is such a blessing and I cannot imagine life without this precious angel! I love my baby boy so much!!!
|Asher at the beach in Destin, FL on his 4th birthday!|